Global Medical Device Marketing
Many years of marketing medical devices has allowed us to learn what are the best strategies.
There are a few considerations to consider before building a strategy:
If FDA approval is required and granted – the FDA has many guidelines regarding what can be written on the website.
Sometimes it is recommended to have a USA and non-USA website in order to allow better explanations on the non-USA website.
Who Is The Target Client?
The target client can be the patient or medical professionals or purchasing personnel.
In some cases, it is recommended to target the patient so they will be able to bring up options with their doctor.
If hospitals or clinics will purchase the device the digital marketing strategy should focus on all the decision-makers.
This can include doctors, nurses, physician assistants, as well as hospital administrators.
In some cases, the target client will be distributors if that is the chosen distribution strategy.
Many countries have different requirements for advertising medical devices.
For example, the USA has the FDA requirements. Japan also has strict regulations. Depending on the type of device, regulatory agencies may affect the digital marketing strategy.
In addition, different countries may require marketing to different target clients.
Digital Marketing Channels for Medical Devices
SEO – Search engine optimization
- Optimizing the website for focused keywords as well as link building is almost always a significant channel for leads and sales
- LinkedIn can sometimes prove to be an excellent way to reach health professionals and hospital administrators. The LinkedIn algorithm lets you target by job, employer, country, etc.
- Google Ads has the largest reach
- Bing can have a better ROI than Google but is much less popular outside the USA
- Some countries have different search engines that are dominant:
- The numerous social media platforms are best for targeting patients but in many cases, they can also be used for professionals.
Cold calling based on Internet visits
- In many cases, it is possible to see who has visited the website – how many times they visited, which pages they visited, etc. This information can be used to call these potential prospects.
We have over 15 years of experience marketing various medical devices throughout the world.